Administrative Assistant Openings
Adrian College seeks a candidate for the position of Purchasing Assistant within the Business Affairs division. This position is anticipated to start no later than January 2, 2014.
General Statement of Duties:
- The Purchasing Assistant will provide assistance as needed to all purchasing colleagues in their day to day job duties.
- This may include, but not be limited to:data entry of purchase orders, maintaining and creating databases for central stores inventory, processing receipt transactions and returns, provide assistance to faculty and staff on proper use of all purchasing documents and procedures, sorting and delivery of mail and procured goods, follow up with vendors on overdue orders, and supervise student workers.
Classification: Administrative Assistant
Supervision Received: General Supervision, reports directly to the Director of Purchasing.
Work Schedule: Full-time, 10 months. Some weekend and evening work may be required.
- Associate’s degree in Business or 1-3 years of relevant experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Access, Word, and Excel.
- Well organized with good written and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with numerous interruptions and can complete assigned projects with little supervision.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Interested individuals should submit their application in the form of a cover letter and resume to Robin Rumler, Director of Purchasing, firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Tuesday, December 23, 2014.