Position Announcement: Adrian College’s Department of Art and Design is seeking an individual to serve as a temporary 20-hour a week with no benefits Gallery Director until May 2015. Position begins January 2, 2014.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, handle, supervise and install art exhibitions (2D and 3D)
- Prepare artwork for exhibition and storage
- Frame, reframe, glaze and handle mounts
- Fabricate fixtures as needed
- Prepare galleries with paint touch-up, prepare and paint pedestals, cases and other gallery features
- Light exhibitions to museum standards
- Maintain gallery walls and pedestals, clean Plexiglas and re-lamping
- Pack, unpack and transport works of art from artists and to and from gallery sites
- Work with vendors and contractors
- Participate in the development of gallery safety and supervise student workers
- Perform related duties as required
- Supervise student gallery workers/assistants
- MFA in studio art or design
- Experience in exhibition installation, preferable in an art museum or gallery
- Experience with handling and installing a variety of art objects
- Experience with gallery preparation
- Woodworking skills; mechanical ability and shop experience essential
- Ability to life up to 50 lbs. comfortably
- Basic computer skills required; A/V installations and mount-making helpful
Ability to communicate effectively, carry out instructions precisely, work well under pressure and meet deadlines, excellent teamwork skills. Typical work involves wlaking, standing, stooping, pushing and pulling—must be able to reach and work above the shoulders, climb ladders, lift, kneel, twist and squat. Must be able to safely operate typical shop equipment, which includes table saw or power miter saw, band saw, drill press and air compressor.
Interested applicants should please send vitae and three references to Melissa Freshcorn (email@example.com) in the Office of the Vice President and Dean of Academic Affairs by December 1, 2013.
Adrian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
General Statement of Duties: This position is responsible for planing, prioritizing and managing activities relating to the physical assets of Adrian College. This includes all buildings, grounds and supporting infrastructure on the approximately 130-acre campus site. The position is also responsible for supporting special campus events and supporting conference services events.
Supervision Received: This position reports to the Vice President of Business Affairs (VPBA). The College President may provide some direction.
Supervision Exercised: Two administrative supervisors; approximately 49 support personnel who are members of an organized labor unit. General classes of employees are maintenance, grounds and custodial.
Work Schedule: Full-time, year-round, Mondays through Fridays 7:00am to 3:00pm are standard work hours. Weekend and evening work is required.Note: There are frequent planned events and unplanned circumstances that generally require weekend and evening work (e.g., Commencement, move-in day, etc.). Must be on-cal and available to be on campus in no more than 30 minutes from notification in the event of a significant facility/grounds issue (e.g., campus flooding, electrical failure, water-main break, etc.).
- Managing all activities with objective towards “continuous improvement”; evaluating, developing and implementing plans and procedures to maximize Plant Services efficiencies and timeliness in the most cost-effective manner
- Tracking active work projects, reviewing newly submitted project requests, prioritizing such requests, prioritizing such requests and assigning work orders to Plant Services personnel. For tasks that require outside contracted services to complete a project, responsibilities include: prioritizing such projects, soliciting multiple quotes, vendor selection, monitoring and final inspection of project assignment
- Representing Plant Services at various College administrative meetings and assuming any action items required of Plant Services resulting from such meetings (may require VPBA approval).
- Effectively communicating and coordinating with the campus community actions from events that may impact their areas (e.g., water availability to a certain area of campus).
- Supporting VPBA in organized labor contract negotiations.
- Being fully acquainted with support staff labor contract and College defined work rules for Plant Services and manage to such.
Employee Supervision & Management Responsibilities:
Oversight for all Plant Services personnel (including seasonal student workers). This includes:
- Coordinating all work activities, including designation of work assignments
- Leading, motivating and managing personnel to be as efficient and productive as possible
- Providing continuing education and training opportunities as may be required
- Hiring of new personnel
- Resolving employee conflicts and issues, including any necessary disciplinary actions up to termination of employment (consistent with institutional and labor agreement protocol/practices)
- Communicating in a timely manner with Human Resources on personnel matter as may be necessary
Safety Standards & Regulatory Compliance Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the College is compliant with all regulatory safety standards, including communication and training programs as may be required
- Managing environmental and hazardous waste program
- Acting as primary liaison between the College and state/local government to ensure regulatory compliance with activities on campus (e.g., zoning ordinance, site planning, etc.)
- Completing governmental and regulatory reporting requirements
Budget & Fiscal Management Responsibilities:
- Propose annual operating an capital budgets to VPBA
- Manage to final approved budget
- Regularly practice cost-containment measures
- Minimize requirement for employee overtime
- Manage outside contractor/vendors relationships
- Authorize contractor/vendor payments
- Obtain multiple quotes for projects requiring outside vendors; negotiate pricing and terms (terms to be consistent with College standards)
Facilities Maintenance Responsibilities: Manage to President’s expectations.
Campus Equipment (including vehicle use):
- Maintain inventory of campus equipment
- Plan for equipment replacement due to normal wear-and-tear—include in proposed budget
- Direct and coordinate use and maintenance of campus vehicles
Other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Physical Requirements: Climbing, lifting and other physical labor consistent with managing a facility and grounds operation.
- Diverse knowledge in many, if not all, of the various trade support areas: custodial, HVAC, construction, carpentry, roofing, painting, plumbing, electrical, fleet and equipment maintenance, landscaping, forestry, excavation and waste management.
- Employee staff management experience.
- Facilities and grounds management experience, preferable in an educational campus environment
- Experience implementing sustainability programs, including energy and water conservation efforts
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local standards/ordinances
- Experience working in an organized labor environment, preferable in a management capacity
- Computer skills in MS Word and Excel
Valid driver’s license required.
Candidates will be subject to background checks.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Ann Forrister before December 31, 2013 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adrian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted November 26, 2013
Adrian College is seeking candidates for the position of Financial Aid Counselor. This position is a full-time appointment. Interested individuals should submit their application in the form of a cover letter and resume to Matt Rheinecker, Director of Financial Aid.
General Statement of Duties: Maintain regulatory compliance with state and federal financial aid regulations.
Classification: Administrative - Exempt
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Supervision Received: General supervision, position reports to director of financial aid.
Supervision Exercised: May coordinate activities of student and support assistants.
Work Schedule: 12 month, full time. Some weekend and evening work may be required.
Example of Duties:
Counsels and advises students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, indebtedness, money and management and financial planning; individualizes information to the particular needs and situation of the student. Collects and/or analyzes financial data on students to determine aid eligibility and make awards within federal, donor and/or institutional guidelines. Evaluates unusual/mitigating circumstance documentation or information provided by the student; exercises judgement by making adjustment or revisions to costs, contribution, need or dependency status as exceptions to the prescribed process. Answer questions, inquiries or requests from students, parents or guardians in person or in writing regarding financial aid programs and eligibility. Assists in the preparation of and presents information regarding federal financial aid, scholarships, employment and grants for various campus groups, high school students and parents at meetings, group discussions, workshops and recruitment sessions. Assists in campus related programs such as Tuition Waiver, Tuition Exchange, Endowed Scholarship Awarding, Veterans Benefits, etc. Assists with other financial aid activities such as outreach, reporting and monitoring. Analyzes various system generated reports such as grades and enrollment status or award status to verify continued compliance and eligibility of awards and alternatives to amend the situation. Interfaces with students, lenders, employers, guarantee agencies and/or staff to resolve issues.
Experience with various enrollment computer programs is required. Program experience preferred with Blackbaud; PowerFAIDS; Microsoft Office; Microsoft Access, specifically, is desired. Individuals with a background in Information Technology are strongly encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements: Within the normal bounds of an office environment.
Adrian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Matthew Rheinecker at email@example.com by December 20, 2013.