Minor in Public Health
Big questions about health get asked and answered on a community scale. From how we allocate resources to how we treat disease and common conditions, public health experts shape that conversation.
Protect and plan for your community.
COVID-19 has underscored the need for public health professionals who can help plan responses to outbreaks and other health emergencies. Beyond moments of crisis, public health experts also help policymakers and the public understand important health questions, and create resources and networks for helping people thrive.
- Dr. Cheryl Nutter: Assistant Healthcare Management Professor, Adrian College
- Dr. Russell “Skip” Barbour: Faculty & Associate Research Scientist, Yale School of Public Health. Dr. Russell “Skip” Barbour is the former Associate Director for Research Methods and Analysis at the Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS (CIRA). He currently serves as a faculty member within Yale’s School of Public Health (Biostatistics) and was previously the Co-Director of Data Management and Statistical Analysis at CIRA. He earned his PhD from Yale University in Human Ecology.
Adrian College Faculty
Adrian’s interdisciplinary Public Health program will provide students with a foundation in the Social Sciences before honing in on the latest topics in Public Health.
- $100K: Median annual salary for Healthcare Administrators.
- 18%: Job growth in the Healthcare industry over the past 10 years.
- 1.9 Million: New jobs projected to be added to the US Healthcare industry by 2028.
Why Study Public Health?
This program focuses first on understanding community dynamics, seeing public health through the eyes of the people you’ll serve.
Ready for more
This program is tailor-made to prepare students for entry-level roles as well as further graduate education studies.
This major includes solid training in data analysis, statistics, economics, and research methods, so you’ll graduate knowing how to inform public policy.
The traditional college experience. Enhanced.
Earn your degree at Adrian College while taking select online courses in your field of study. Courses are designed by top academic minds and industry leaders, and then taught by faculty in small class environments.