Information Technology & Services Mission Statement
The mission of Information Technology & Services is to provide Adrian College students, faculty and staff with a reliable and secure technology infrastructure that supports the student learning process, academic process and the administrative service functions of the College. Information Services provides oversight, leadership and planning to the College network and administrative systems, including computer labs, classrooms and offices.
To ensure services are provided in an effective, efficient and timely manner, the Information Services staff will:
- Support and promote the productive use of technology for faculty, staff and students
- Ensure that all technology in place is secure and performing reliably
- Provide timely, effective end-user support
- Install cost-effective solutions designed to meet campus needs
- Maintain positive relationships with end-users through information and communication
- Provide training to faculty and staff in software business applications
Adrian College Technology
Adrian College has a wide range of technology resources and support available. Students can enjoy the convenience of having a wired ethernet internet connection and wireless connectivity in each and every dorm room, five PC computer labs and two MAC labs on campus, including a 24-hour computer lab.
Adrian College invested in a fiber optic network that runs to every building on campus. The College is an anchor institution in the Merit network -- and we offer 1Gbps Internet2 speeds and 350Mbps off-net internet speeds. The campus also has 300+ wireless access points for connecting to the internet. These are found on campus only in main campus areas and in academic buildings.
Windows 7-based computers with Office 2010 are the campus standard, although Apple computers are used for specific applications. All students, faculty and staff members are provided e-mail accounts using Gmail (Google Apps for Education).