The Institute for Education will support students as they develop to their fullest potential.
The mission of the Institute for Education is to develop a collaborative model that brings "Best Practices" in teaching and learning to the Adrian College campus and the community. The Institute is apolitical, and strives to create an environment where the exchange of ideas and opinions are welcomed.
Goals and Objectives
The Institute for Education will support students as they develop to their fullest potential. The Institute will equip students with an education grounded in innovation, research and practice of professional excellence. Students will be exposed through classes, seminars, guest lectures, experiential learning and activities to support their content areas and standards of excellence in their profession.
The primary objectives of the Institute for Education are to:
- Bridge the academy and professional life by bringing faculty, school administrators, teachers and students into a close relationship
- Develop a partnership with schools in Lenawee County to develop innovative instructional models
- Increase opportunities for students at Adrian College to learn about their profession through curricular and extracurricular experiences, including coursework, internships, student teaching, and volunteerism
The Institute for Education will accomplish their goals and objectives by:
- Conducting research and disseminating findings
- Sponsoring mini conferences
- Developing and implementing new courses and/or programs
- Sponsoring a lecture series
- Sponsoring workshops
- Facilitating collaboration
- Forming partnerships
As highlighted in our quarterly newsletters
- Service Learning Programs
- Summer camps
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
The Adrian College Teacher Education Department 21 Credit hour post-graduate certification program earns students an International Baccalaureate Organization Primary Years Program Certificate in Teaching and Learning as well as completes the Michigan Department of Education Teacher Leadership Program. To learn more, click here.