Ribbons of Excellence Program
Below, find a description of the Ribbons of Excellence (ROE) program at Adrian College.
Caring for humanity and the world
Making socially responsible decisions, providing service to local and global communities and interacting positively with persons of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
The Institute for Education will foster this caring disposition by:
- Providing service learning opportunities;
- Examining and respecting multiple perspectives and ways of thinking; and
- Demonstrating professional ethics.
Learning throughout a lifetime
Continuing to ask important questions, pursuing knowledge in each new age, remaining open to new learning experiences.
The Institute for Education will foster this life-long commitment by:
- Increase opportunities for students at Adrian College to learn about their profession through curricular and extracurricular experiences, including coursework, internships, and volunteerism;
- Conducting research and disseminating findings; and
- Setting and pursuing goals for continued growth.
Developing critical habits of mind, exploring multiple points of view, raising thoughtful questions and identifying problems and solutions.
The Institute for Education will foster critical thinking by:
- Utilizing educational research and professional resources;
- Providing students with classes, seminars, guest lectures, experiential learning and activities; and
- Supporting their content areas and standards of excellence in their profession.
Crossing boundaries and disciplines
Developing literacy in multiple fields, personifying the liberal arts experience and making connections across disciplines.
The Institute for Education will foster crossing boundaries and disciplines by:
- Bridging the academy and professional life by bringing faculty, school administrators, teachers and students into a close relationship;
- Implementing interdisciplinary approaches; and
- Facilitating collaboration and forming partnerships
Engaging in creative arts; developing creative talents and skills; recognizing and employing figurative expression.
The Institute for Education will foster creativity by:
- Developing a partnership with schools in Lenawee County to develop innovative instructional models;
- Equipping students with an education grounded in innovation, research and practice of professional excellence; and
- Developing a myriad of strategies to engage students in learning.