Institute for Sports Medicine - INFLUENCE
Through partnerships, the Institute for Sports Medicine at Adrian College brings health care providers, wellness professionals and the community together to stimulate change.
The mission of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association is to represent, engage and foster the continued growth and development of the athletic training profession and athletic trainers as unique health care providers.
Exercise is medicine (EIM) is a global health initiative managed by the American College of Sports Medicine. EIM on Campus encourages college communities to be active and engage in healthy lifestyles.
Adrian College has been formally recognized by EIM for “promoting and generating awareness of health benefits of physical activity” on campus. With this recognition, AC joined the ranks of highly respected international and domestic universities and colleges.
Adrian College’s Institute for Sports Medicine joined forces with the students of the Human Integrated Performance Club and the Athletic Training Student Organization to bring awareness of the benefits of physical activity to campus. Students provided campus and community education and fitness assessment opportunities for the AC and surrounding communities.
The Institute is committed to future initiatives that not only promote physical activity, but integrate the assessment of physical activity as a vital sign for the treatment of injury and chronic disease.
The NCAA - through its member institutions, conferences and national office staff - shares a belief in and commitment to:
- The collegiate model of athletics inwhich students participate as an avocation, balancing their academic, social and athletics experiences.
- The highest levels of integrity and sportsmanship.
- Thepursuit of excellence in both academics and athletics.
- The supporting role that intercollegiate athletics plays in the higher education mission and in enhancing the sense of community and strengthening the identity of member institutions.
- An inclusive culture that fosters equitable participation for student-athletes and career opportunities for coaches and administrators from diverse backgrounds.
- Respect for institutional autonomy and philosophical differences.
- Presidential leadership of intercollegiateathletics at the campus, conference and national levels
The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) advances and integrates scientific research to provide educational and practical applications of exercise science and sports medicine.
The mission of the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is to preserve the integrity of competition – Inspire true sport – Protect the rights of athletes