While you attend Adrian College, a Certifying Official will certify your enrollment to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The VA approves applications and makes decisions regarding payment, issuance of checks, and eligibility. For specific questions regarding payment or eligibility, contact the VA directly at 888-442-4551. The most current information on the Post-9/11 GI Bill and other VA programs is available here.
- Complete an application here. You must re-apply through VA.gov each time you request a different benefit, change schools, or change degree programs.
- Once the VA processes and approves your application, you will be issued a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Provide a copy of your COE to a Certifying Official at Adrian.
- Complete a FAFSA as well as the process of FAFSA verification, if selected. By submitting a FAFSA, we are able to determine your eligibility for any additional State and/or Federal aid.
- Register for your classes.
- To reduce the risk of overpayment by the VA, Adrian College certifies your enrollment after the add/drop deadline when course schedule changes are less likely to occur.
- If you are claiming benefits under Chapters 30, 1606, or 1607, you must verify your enrollment on the last calendar day of each month. Verification can be made online through WAVE at www.gibill.va.gov or by phone through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) at 1-877-823-2378. If WAVE or IVR does not reflect your current enrollment status, the VA has not completed processing your application or school certification. Continue trying to verify daily. To check the status, contact the Education Division at 1-888-442-4551.
- Tuition payments are sent directly to Adrian for Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation) and Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill). Under all other programs, students receive funds from the VA and are responsible for paying their own tuition.
- Monthly Housing Allowance: If eligible, the monthly housing allowance is paid directly to you. Students receiving benefits under Chapter 33 must be enrolled more than half-time (6 credit hours) to receive the housing allowance. Current rates are available here.
- Book Stipend: if eligible, the book stipend is paid directly to you. The stipend is based on your enrollment and is paid once per term ($41.67 per credit hour up to $1000/year).
Stanton Administration Building
Office of Financial Aid