Bulldog for life.
The Adrian College Alumni Board is a forward-thinking 21st century board. We support the Renaissance plan and contribute to the success of Adrian College, its alumni and students through our experience and loyal association. We strive to maintain a varied membership to serve as a liaison and resource to Adrian College constituents and to engage alumni in the life of the College.
The Alumni Board meets three times a year and has a membership of 26 (maximum) from a variety of class years, majors and professions. Standing committees are: Awards & Recognition, Board Development, Communications and Programs.
You may nominate yourself or another alumnus/na for a position on the Alumni Board. Use the form here and return to the Office of Alumni Relations at any time or email your interest to us. To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Meeting- February 18, 2017
Spring Meeting- May 13, 2017
Alumni Award recipients are selected each spring and honored at Homecoming. Click here to learn more and make your nomination.
Alumni Association Contributed Scholarship
In 2015, the Alumni Board established a designated contributed scholarship to assist students in affording a college education. This scholarship is dependent on donations on an annual basis and in 2016, provided for twenty $1,000 scholarships. To support this fund, please go to the give page and thank you!
The Alumni Board allocates funds from the Stephenson Alumni Fund Endowment to support or completely fund a campus project. Some recent projects are:
- Planted a tree to celebrate the College’s 150th anniversary
- Landscaping around The Thinker statue
- First benches on campus
- Botanical Garden
- Campus Clock Tower
The Adrian College Alumni Association is an organization that is utilized as the mechanism to increase pride, loyalty and support in and for the promotion of Adrian College.
Board of Directors
- Melissa Murray Balsan ’06, Chicago
- Jessica Fritz Echols ’94, Troy, Ohio*
- Bruce Diven ’77, Monroe, vice president
- Ryann Eff ’10, Sylvania, Ohio
- Paul Fenner ’98, Commerce Twp.
- Steve Gregg ’68, Milan*
- Terri Willets Hamad ’94, Monroe, secretary/treasurer
- Carrie Hartley ’04, Clayton
- Hanna Hubbard ’12, Adrian
- John Imonen ’64, Livonia
- Michael Kosch ’07, Grosse Pointe Woods*
- Patricia Anderson Leary ’76, Bloomfield Hills
- Stanley Legenc ’65, Tecumseh
- Kara Howland-Kressbach Lennard ’98, Adrian*
- Chuck McCallum ’61, Benton Harbor, president
- Cathy Charlesworth Mejia ’76, Kalamazoo
- Brett Peters ’95, Mansfield, Ohio
- Jeff Strayer ’06, Haskins, Ohio
- Wesley Tapp ’94, Tecumseh
- Pam McGahey Van Doren ’75, Tipton
- Megan Vandekerkhove ’13, Adrian*
- Tracy Warrick ’92, Macomb
- Amy Jo Young ’84, Woodstock, Md.
- Andy Zerkel ’04, Chesterfield
*New Members 2016-17
Alumni Representatives to the Board of Trustees
- Ron Batory ’71, Sante Fe, N.M.
- Jeff DeBest ’86, International-Finland
- Richard Kibbey ’75, Madison, Ga.
- Richard Sweebe ’71, Memphis, Tenn.
- Gina Valentino ‘86, Kansas City, Mo.
Creative Alumni Program (CAP)
CAP is an opportunity for alumni to share your creative ideas! This is a spin-off of the College’s Creativity Award for students and employees. Alumni are invited to submit ideas to help improve Adrian College — in large or small ways — to bring a sense of pride, add value, function, enthusiasm, spontaneity, curb appeal and so much more to the College community.
For this year’s theme “Unique Events,” we invite your ideas to bring something new to campus. What are YOUR ideas?? Submissions accepted through September 2017.
For more about the CAP progam, visit here.
Sponsored by the Office of Alumni Relations, Alumni Board and the Institute for Creativity.