Bulldog for life.
The Adrian College Alumni Board is a forward-thinking 21st century board. We support the Renaissance plan and contribute to the success of Adrian College, its alumni and students through our experience and loyal association. We strive to maintain a varied membership to serve as a liaison and resource to Adrian College constituents and to engage alumni in the life of the College.
The Alumni Board meets three times a year and has a membership of 26 (maximum) from a variety of class years, majors and professions. Standing committees are: Awards & Recognition, Board Development, Communications and Programs.
You may nominate yourself or another alumnus/na for a position on the Alumni Board. Use the form here and return to the Office of Alumni Relations at any time or email your interest to us. To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Fall||Saturday, October 12, 2013|
|Winter||Saturday, February 1, 2014|
|Spring||Saturday, May 10, 2014|
Alumni Award recipients are selected each spring and honored at Homecoming. Click here to learn more and make your nomination.
The Alumni Board allocates funds from the Stephenson Alumni Fund Endowment to support or completely fund a campus project. Some recent projects are:
- Planted a tree to celebrate the College’s 150th anniversary
- Landscaping around The Thinker statue
- First benches on campus
- Old North Hall threshold landscaping/signage<
The Adrian College Alumni Association is an organization that is utilized as the mechanism to increase pride, loyalty and support in and for the promotion of Adrian College.
Board of Directors
- Brad Barrett ‘04, Kimball Twp., vice president
- Jim Culbertson ‘63, South Lyon
- Bruce Diven ‘77, Monroe
- Ryann Eff ‘77, Sylvania, Ohio
- Madeleine Lakatos Fotjik ‘82, Vicksburg
- John Geisler ‘61, Kalamazoo
- Danielle Perkins Gittus ‘97, Hartland
- Steve Gregg ‘68, Milan
- Terri Willets Hamad ‘94*, Monroe
- Carrie Hartley ‘04, Clayton, secretary/treasurer
- Hanna Hubbard ‘12*, Adrian
- Jon Imonen ‘64, Livonia
- Jennifer Kay-Rivera ‘03, Warren, president
- Patricia Anderson Leary ‘76, Bloomfield Hills
- Stanley Legenc ‘65, Tecumseh
- Mindy Dygert MacDonald ‘74, Adrian
- Chuck McCallum ‘61, Benton Harbor
- Brett Peters ‘95, Mansfield, Ohio
- Nate Smith ‘81, Tecumseh
- Jeff Strayer ‘06*, Haskins, Ohio
- Vicki Eustice Thomas ‘80, Ortonville
- Tracy Warrick ‘92, Macomb
- Andy Zerkel ‘04*, Ypsilanti
- Kody Turner Ziegler ‘10, Brighton
*New Members 2013-14
Alumni Representatives to the Board of Trustees
- Ron Batory ‘71, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Jeff Debest ‘86, Ann Arbor
- Richard Kibbey ‘75, Madison, Georgia
- Michael Seelye ‘74, Kalamazoo
- Richard Sweebe ‘71, Memphis, Tennessee
- Steve Wolfe ‘71, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Creative Alumni Program (CAP)
Sponsored by the Office of Alumni Relations, Alumni Board and the Institute for Creativity.
What is it?
It’s an opportunity to share your creative ideas! This is a spin-off of the College’s Creativity Award for students and employees. Alumni are invited to submit ideas to help improve Adrian College—in large or small ways—to bring a sense of pride, add value, function, enthusiasm, spontaneity, curb appeal and so much more to the College community.
The ideas will be evaluated by a committee and the top ideas will be presented online for an alumni “vote” after Homecoming each fall.
Is there a prize?
The entrant with the winning submission will receive a $500 gift card, Bulldog notoriety and the implementation of the idea, where possible.
How do we participate?
Submissions may be made anytime online in 150 words or less. OR, you can send an email to Marsha Fielder at email@example.com. If you have questions, you can email Marsha or call (800) 264-9063.
Don’t keep your creative ideas bottled up! Let them flow…
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org