Bulldog for life.
The Adrian College Alumni Board is a forward-thinking 21st-century board. We support the Renaissance plan and contribute to the success of Adrian College, its alumni and students through our experience and loyal association. We strive to maintain a varied membership to serve as a liaison and resource to Adrian College constituents and to engage alumni in the life of the College.
The Alumni Board meets three times a year and has a membership of 26 (maximum) from a variety of class years, majors and professions. Standing committees are: Awards and Recognition, Board Development, Communications, Programs, and Young Alumni.
You may nominate yourself or another alumnus/na for a position on the Alumni Board. You can choose to use the online form or use the written form, found here and return to the Office of Alumni Relations at any time or email your interest to us. To learn more, contact email@example.com.
Winter Meeting- February 16, 2019
Spring Meeting- May 11, 2019
Alumni Award recipients are selected each spring and honored at Homecoming. Click here to learn more and make your nomination.
Alumni Association Scholarship
In 2015, the Alumni Board established a designated contributed scholarship to assist students in affording a college education. This scholarship is dependent on donations on an annual basis and in 2016, provided for twenty $1,000 scholarships. In addition, an endowed fund was established to generate scholarships in the future. To support this fund, please go to the give page and thank you!
The Alumni Board allocates funds from the Stephenson Alumni Fund Endowment to support or completely fund a campus project. Some recent projects are:
- Planted a tree to celebrate the College’s 150th anniversary
- Landscaping around The Thinker statue
- First benches on campus
- Botanical Garden
- Campus Clock Tower
- Annual Book Scholarship
The Adrian College Alumni Association is an organization that is utilized as the mechanism to increase pride, loyalty and support in and for the promotion of Adrian College.
2018- 2019 Alumni Board of Directors
- Michael Blumenthal ’17, Bloomfield Hills
- Bruce Diven ’77, Monroe
- Jessica Fritz Echols ’94, Troy, Ohio
- Paul Fenner ’98, Commerce Twp.
- Steve Gregg ’68, Milan
- Terri Willets Hamad ’94, Monroe, president
- Carrie Hartley ’04, Clayton
- *Griffin Howell ’11, Birmingham
- Hanna Hubbard ’12, Ortonville
- *Tina Hubbard ’89, Brighton
- John Imonen ’64, Livonia
- Michael Kosch ’07, Grosse Pointe Woods
- Stanley Legenc ’65, Tecumseh
- Kara Kressbach Lennard ’98, Adrian
- Robert Luce ’03, Canton
- Cathy Charlesworth Mejia’76, Kalamazoo
- *Gary Pavlechko ’77, Muncie, Ind.
- Brett Peters ’95, Mansfield, Ohio
- Megan Vandekerkhove Presland ’13, Fenton
- Jeff Strayer ’06, Haskins, Ohio, vice president
- Wesley Tapp ’94, Tecumseh
- Grace Waterstradt ’15, Fremont, Ind.
- Amy Jo Young ’84, Woodstock, Md.
- Andy Zerkel ’04, Chesterfield, secretary/treasurer
Alumni Representatives on the Board of Trustees
- Greg Adams ’93
- Jeff DeBest ’86
- *Chuck McCallum ’61
- Richard Sweebe ’71
- Gina Valentino ’86
- Pam McGahey Van Doren ’75
Creative Alumni Program (CAP)
CAP is an opportunity for alumni to share your creative ideas! For more about the CAP program, visit here.
Sponsored by the Office of Alumni Relations, Alumni Board and the Institute for Creativity.