Work study is paid as the student works.
If the hours are not worked, students will not receive a work study check. Although this is part of your Financial Aid, you must work to be paid.
- Resource Fair - Sunday, August 19, 2012 from 9-11:30 in the Caine Student Center.
- Blue Card Day - Monday, August 27, 2012 in the Caine Student Center and Ritchie Marketplace from 8:30 AM - 5 PM.
- Payroll Office - Administration Building - Anytime from 8:30 AM - 5 PM.
All new work study students at the beginning of the year must fill out paper work in the payroll office to receive a blue card. You are only required to fill these forms out one time during your employment as a student worker unless your information changes such as a name change. The forms consist of W-4 for Federal Withholding, W-4 for State of Michigan Withholding, and the I-9 form (Employment Eligibility Verification).
Information required for the I-9 form could be one of the following documents:
- Current U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card - Only document required OR
- Driver's license or ID Card issued by State, or School I.D. Card with Photograph - WITH
- Original Social Security Account Number Card or Original or certified copy of birth certificate.
These are documents used most frequently but there are others that can be used. Please check with the payroll office for other information. When the above information is completed students will then be issued a blue card and you can commence with working on campus. No time sheet or payroll check will be issued until this information has been recorded. Work study students who exceed their awarded amount may have other financial aid reduced.
Students wishing to apply work study monies to their student account must fill out a student payroll deduction form. Your net pay will be applied to your student account to reduce your outstanding balance. You will have the option to choose a percent of 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% to be applied to your account.