- The following parking lots require a parking permit 24 hours a day: Jarvis/Estes, Deans/Herrick/Cargo, Powell Hall/Rush Hall, Feeman/Stevens, College View West, signed areas of Cornelius, all fraternity lots. All slanted parking along Michigan Ave. is reserved for College View South residents.
- Valade and Mahan are reserved exclusively for faculty and staff from 7 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Students with valid parking permits may park in Valade and Mahan from 5 pm - 7 am, weekdays and all day on weekends. Vehicles must be removed by 7 am to avoid being ticketed, booted and or towed.
- Merillat and Dawson/Spencer lots are designated as visitors/guests and overflow lots. All vehicles may park in the lots without a permit from 7 am - 11 pm. There is NO OVERNIGHT parking in these lots without the proper registration/permit.
- Any parking space posted for a specific title is reserved for that person 24 hours a day and no student parking is allowed: i.e. custodial, building manager, RD, etc.
- The City of Adrian does not allow parking on any city streets between the hours of 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. The exception to this is the parking area directly in front of Feeman and Stevens halls. Locations across the street are NOT considered in this category.
- Students and guests should not drive their vehicles on lawns or walkways when loading or unloading personal property to and from the residence halls.
- All parking violations are subject to monetary fines, towing and/or having the vehicle booted. Persons receiving a citation will be allowed ten business days to respond by payment of the fine to the cashier’s office or by disputing the ticket in writing on a designated appeal form available in the campus safety office. Please include your ticket number, name and student ID number with written appeal. Please consider the ticket unpaid until you see the adjustment reflected on your student account.
Parking Between Semesters & Over Breaks
If you decide to leave your vehicle in a campus parking lot between semesters or during any breaks, you must obtain permission from the Director of Campus Safety. There will be designated parking lots for parking your vehicle, and the vehicle must have a valid parking permit displayed.
Booting & Towing
Unknown vehicles with two or more unpaid parking fines are also subject to having their vehicles booted or towed. Unpaid parking fines will be charged to the student account but considered unpaid until the Cashiers office receives payment. If the vehicle is towed or booted, a towing or booting charge will also be the responsibility of the student. A hold will be put on the release of the vehicle until all fines are paid to the Cashiers office. The College also reserves the right to tow any vehicle parked in such a manner as to create a hazard to other vehicles or persons.
- Tampering, removing and/or damaging Adrian College Campus Safety equipment including the Boot may result in the vehicle being towed, judicial process, criminal prosecution, and/or replacement of such equipment at the owner’s expense.
Reasons for Booting
- If unregistered, the vehicle can be booted after the 2nd unpaid ticket
If parked in No Parking Zone, Fire Lane, or Handicap spot, or in a hazardous way may be booted or towed.
Any student who has had their vehicle booted more than 3 times in an academic year will lose all campus parking privileges.
- If a vehicle is displaying an altered, lost, manufactured or stolen permit.
If a student’s vehicle is booted without a permit, the student must purchase a permit and pay all fines before the boot will be removed. A vehicle will be towed (at owner’s expense) 24 hours after it was booted if all fees are not paid in full at the cashier’s office. Failure to pay Citations within a timely manner will result in additional late fees set forth by the Cashier’s office. The charge for booting is $80.00 for first offense, $105.00 for second offense and $130.00 for third offense.
Temporary permits are for students who wish to park a vehicle on campus for a short time. The permit is free for up to 10 days. The student must have this permit visible hanging from their rearview mirror at all times to avoid ticketing.
Guests & Visitors
All guests who wish to park on campus during the day may do so free of charge in the Dawson/Merillat lots. A permit is not required from 7 am - 11 pm. All guests and visitors who wish to park on campus between 11 pm - 7 am, must get a guest pass from Campus Safety. All guest parking tags must be hung visibly from the rearview mirror at all times to avoid ticketing. All guests and visitors MUST park in the Dawson/Merillat lots. All other lots are for students with valid permits. All visitors who are parked in the student lots may be ticketed, towed or booted. The student that is being visited by the violator may be fined for the citation and their student account charged for the violation fee. The spaces inthe Dawson lot titled “Visitors Only” are for visiting parking from 7 am - 11 pm. These spaces are not for students, faculty or staff. All non visitors may be ticketed or booted.
Please do not store, place or permit to be stored or placed, a dismantled, partially dismantled or otherwise inoperable motor vehicle, or any parts of a motor vehicle on any parcel of land belonging to Adrian College. This also includes any vehicle, operable or inoperable, that does not have a valid license plate displayed. Any vehicles in these categories will be towed at the owner’s expense, and in addition, may be charged a storage fee.
Weapons & Dangerous Vehicles Policy
Possession, keeping and/or use of firearms, weapons, fireworks, ammunition, flammable or incendiary devices is prohibited on all Adrian College properties (including all campus facilities, athletic facilities and parking lots) and at all Adrian College events, regardless of location.