Motor Vehicle Regulations
Registration of Vehicles
1. All student, staff and faculty motor vehicles, possessed or used, on campus must be registered every academic year. Parking on College property is a privilege, not a right. Vehicles should be registered online through the Campus Safety website. Have a valid driver’s license, student ID and vehicle registration (not proof of insurance) ready when registering. Any vehicle without a valid parking permit found in any lot where a VALID permit is required will be ticketed and is also subject to being immobilized or towed at the vehicle owner’s expense (see Immobilizing and Towing). This includes, but is not restricted to, all unpaved or paved areas on campus where vehicles are NOT authorized to be driven (i.e. on any lawn or grassy area, sidewalks and walkways).
- Students may register only one automobile.
2. Non-refundable vehicle registration fee
- The student vehicle fee is $200 for the entire academic year.
- Commuters may park in the street, or in the Merillat/Dawson lots for free until 11 pm. Any commuter wishing to park overnight must register for a guest pass at Campus Safety with an on-campus student. Guest passes are free and expire after three (3) days.
- There will be a flat fee of $100.00 for new or transfer students registering their vehicles for the second semester.
3. Adrian College does not assume responsibility for the care or protection of any vehicle or its contents while operated or parked on campus property. Vehicles should be locked when unattended and must be parked within the boundaries of a defined parking space.
4. Motor vehicle registration expires:
- As indicated on permit (by academic year)
- When ownership of vehicle changes
- When the eligibility of motor vehicle privileges are revoked by disciplinary action
- If a registered vehicle is traded for another or a student moves and requires a different permit, a new permit will be issued for an additional cost ($5.00), provided the remnants of the first permit are presented at Campus Safety.
5. The Adrian College window permit is to be completely affixed with its own adhesive and displayed at all times on the lower left corner of the back window (driver’s side). An expired permit must be removed before a new one is affixed. Permits must not be altered or defaced in any way. Tickets may be issued to vehicles displaying a permit incorrectly.