The Health Center is directed by Dr. Emily Kist, Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner.
Services are available to ALL Adrian College students, including full-time, part-time and commuting students.
When a student is seen in the Health Center, there is no cost for the nurse visit. There may be charges for medications, immunizations and treatment supplies. These charges may be paid for or charged to the student’s account as a health service fee. Receipts for medications or immunizations can be requested by the student. The student is then responsible for submitting the request to their private medical insurance. Check with your insurance carrier regarding submission of these claims. The Health Center does not bill private insurance companies.
The Health Center Provides:
- Acute illness evaluation and treatment
- Screening evaluations and disease prevention such as blood pressure checks, weight and vision
- First aid for minor injuries
- Referrals and coordination of care to off-campus health care consultants
- Health education on preventative health care and life-style issues including sexually transmitted infection education
- Follow-up of emergency hospital visits
- Loan of wheelchairs and other medical equipment
- Influenza vaccine
Check with your insurance company. Many vaccines are covered by insurance through your physician’s office. The Lenawee County Health Department is Adrian offers tetanus, MMR, Hepatitis B series, Meningitis and others through Michigan Vaccines for Children.
Influenza vaccines are offered yearly during October-January based on availability.
TB skin tests available at Lenawee County Health Department.
If you have refused immunizations in the past, please indicate so by completing the immunization waiver form and faxing to the Health Center at 517-264-3112.
The Lenawee County Health Department is located two miles from campus and offers a wide array of services including:
- Pregnancy Testing & Counseling
- STI/HIV Testing & Counseling
- Reproductive Health Services
1040 Winter Street
Adrian, MI 49221
Call Lenawee County Health to schedule an appointment: 517-264-5226
Please feel free to e-mail us with your questions and comments. Maintaining your confidentiality is very important to us. Because privacy cannot be guaranteed via email please use the following guidelines when e-mailing the Health Center staff:
- individual personal health questions should not be e-mailed.
- general questions regarding services, resources, brochures, etc., are e-mail appropriate.
- e-mails will usually be answered within one week.