Office of Multicultural Programs and International Students
The mission of the Office of Multicultural Programs is to provide programs and services designed to encourage cultural, academic, social, personal growth and understanding among the Adrian College community.
The office also coordinates a number of educational field trips to the National Arab American Museum, Holocaust Center and the Charles Wright African American Museums to afford students an opportunity to learn about the histories of one another.
We partner with several student organizations, departments and academic Institutes to promote cultural awareness and understanding in the campus community. Through these partnerships, we hope that students will be encourages to participate in these programs so they may enjoy a rich, rewarding and holistic college experience.
In keeping with its mission, the Office of Multicultural Programs—along with various departments, student and community organizations—celebrate cultural activities such as Latino/Hispanic Heritage and Black History Months, Women’s Diversity Conference, Global Food Festival and International Week.
For more information about the Office of Multicultural Programs, please contact Idalí Feliciano, Director.
|Location||Caine Student Center|
Programs, Services and Cultural and Leadership Opportunities
- Community service opportunities (volunteerism)
- Cultural and social events
- Culturally relevant workshops and panels
- Educational and experiential field trips
- Peer Mentoring program
- Scholarship Information
- Workshops on how to manage personal finances, resume writing, etc.
Free Download Educational Resources
- American Indians (History heritage month is November)
- Arabs/Arab Americans
- Asian Americans
- Black History Month (History heritage month is February)
- German Americans (History heritage month is October)
- Italian Americans (History heritage month is October)
- Latinos/Hispanics (History heritage month is September 16 - October 15)
- Women’s History Month (History heritage month is March)
Adrian College offers leadership involvement opportunities and cultural programming through the support of ALPHA (African American Leaders Promoting Higher Achievement), the International Student Organization (ISO) and the Multicultural Programs Peer Mentoring project. These groups provide a variety of social and academic support. They also provide cultural and leadership programs that foster culture, ethnic understanding and acceptance. To learn more about ALPHA and ISO, please visit the Student Organizations page.