FinCom is a panel of students who represent the student body of Adrian College.
FinCom is governed by the Student Government Association (SGA), chaired by the Treasurer of SGA and advised by the Student Activities Administrative Assistant. The FinCom Committee reviews and evaluates funding requests from all recognized organizations and then allocates an amount based on the FinCom constitution, available funds and the request’s adherence to evaluation criteria. FinCom allocates up to 45% of the annual student activity fees to student organizations.
FinCom also encourages student organizations to work together to provide activities for the college community. By combining efforts, skills, abilities, and allocations from various student groups, more students will be involved and benefit in a greater variety and number of activities.
To receive a portion of the Student Activity Fee for an organization, the following must be completed:
- Forms are received via email to eligible student organizations during the FinCom evaluation time period.
- Forms are to be submitted to the Office of Student Activities (235 Caine) in accordance with published deadlines.
- Forms must be typed and complete or they will not be evaluated.
- If the proposed event is on campus, the organization is responsible for scheduling facilities through the Director of Conferences and Campus Programs (Valade Hall, x3156).
- Completed forms will be processed for allocation.
The organization must…
- Be a registered student organization on campus.
- Demonstrate financial accountability.
- Show evidence of fund raising efforts, membership dues and/or gifts.
- Attend SGA Bulldog Talks (can be a different member each time).
The activity must…
- Be of value within the context of Adrian College in respect to diversity.
- Provide social, recreational or cultural enrichment for the entire campus community and/or
- Provide developmental, educational or spiritual enrichment of the entire campus community and/or
- Provide positive exposure and/or goodwill in the name of Adrian College on a national, state or regional basis.
The form must
- Be fully completed and typed.
- Have the endorsement of the organization advisor.
Allocations will be considered in April for the following Fall Semester, including July and August, and then in November for the following Spring semester, including May and June.
- Funds will be accessed on a per-event basis. Funds are not automatically transferred to agency accounts.
- Contact the FinCom Advisor by the funding deadline. This deadline can be found in the email sent to the organization president and Advisor after FinCom Presentations.
- Maintain all receipts for accounting purposes.
- All unused funds will return to the FinCom account for reallocation.
Any organization that financially obligates itself—whether through a member or officer—for services, merchandise or facilities (on or off campus) does so in the name of the organization and its members. Adrian College is not responsible in any way for debts incurred by an organization or its members.