ADRIAN, Mich. – Adrian College announces the opportunity to escape to the Eastern European Bloc! These beautiful countries are alive with history, culture and experiences of a lifetime. This tour, designed for Adrian College, is set to begin May 8th, 2014 and will run for 12 days.
Trapped for years behind the Berlin Wall, the countries of the Eastern Bloc are once again shining on the world stage. Today, the vibe in Eastern Europe is intoxicatingly upbeat, with its still-cheap cost of living and beautiful, walkable cities, Eastern Europe is moving rapidly towards the future. Beneath fortified castles and at humbling stops like Aushwitz and Krakow’s Jewish Quarter, this trip offers thrills and history unfiltered. Highlights of this trip include:
- Budapest—the royal palace and Matthias Cathedral
- An evening cruise on the blue Danube
- Krakow—a fortified castle and Wawel Cathedral
- A chilling tour of the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camps
- A voyage underground to the ancient salt mines of Poland
- Prague—vibrant nightlife, historic architecture and the Charles Bridge
- An excursion to the silver mines and ossuary at Kutna Hora
- Vienna—the grandeur of Hapsburgs, pastry and music, music, music.
The price for the tour is $3,731 for triple occupancy rooms. Included in this cost is round-trip airfare, all hotels and ground transportation, breakfast daily, 4 dinners, excursions to the salt and silver mines, a full-time tour director, all city guides, an evening cruise down the Danube and admissions to attractions. Lunches, souvenirs and some dinners are not included.
To enroll go to www.eftours.com and click on the “Student” button. Then, enter the tour number: 1388077.
For more information, an itinerary and registration materials, please contact the Institute for Study Abroad at firstname.lastname@example.org.