ADRIAN, Michigan – Dr. Jennifer K. Ellsworth has been appointed Director for the newly-established Adrian College Institute for Creativity. She currently serves on the faculty of the Accountancy and Business Administration department, and will continue in this capacity in addition to her Directorship responsibilities. She teaches Principles of Marketing, Brand Management, Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship, and Professional and Business Communications.
Dr. Ellsworth’s eclectic background makes her a unique candidate for her new position. She is a native of Michigan, has lived in six states nation-wide, and worked in twenty-three countries. She received her PhD. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a focus on sociolinguistics and higher education.
Dr. Ellsworth has had multiple senior executive-level positions in the corporate world, working directly with entrepreneurial founders for more than twenty years, including:
- American Girl (first Marketing Director with Pleasant Rowland, founder and CEO);
- Patagonia, Inc. (VP, Design and Production with Yvon Chouinard, founder and CEO)
- Williams-Sonoma (VP, Merchandising, Hold Everything division with Chuck Williams, founder and CEO)
In addition, Dr. Ellsworth has founded three small, successful businesses of her own, including:
- Ellsworth & Associates (Advertising Agency in Madison, Wisconsin)
- Calvin’s Christmas & Garden Stores (Two boutique stores featuring proprietary product from around the world as well as landscape services, in San Francisco and Palo Alto, CA)
- Jennifer Ellsworth Landmarks (Hand-made glass ornaments replicating historic landmarks and icons, including the White House for First Lady Laura Bush and multiple museums and corporations, including the Henry Ford Museum, Airstream, Oscar Mayer, and the National Trust for Historic Preservation.)
After leaving the corporate world, Dr. Ellsworth chose to return to Michigan and Adrian College. She began her tenure at the College in January, 2009.
“I strongly believe that a liberal arts education, particularly one in a small, thriving institution like Adrian College, can provide the best undergraduate education a student can experience. I believe strongly in an experiential approach that provides students with the skills adaptable to whatever opportunities lie ahead. And, that means developing the skills for creativity and innovation. I’m thrilled to be part of this unique Institute.”
For more information, contact Dr. Jennifer Ellsworth, 517-265-5161 (Extension 3849) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.