Antonis Coumoundouros, 517-265-5161 x4100
Professor & Chair
- Duquesne University, Ph.D. Philosophy
- Duquesne University, M.A., Philosophy
- Radford University, B.S., Philosophy and Religious Studies
- political philosophy
- philosophy of sport
- leadership theory
- leadership ethics
- history of philosophy
- ancient philosophy
- “Plato’s Republic,” entry in the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy (2012).
- “Does Plato’s Account of Politeiai in Republic 8 Merit Our Attention?,” Polis: The Journal For Ancient
Greek Political Thought, Vol. 26, No. 1, 2009.
- “Progress in Practical/Ethical Thinking?” (with Ronald Polansky) in volume of proceedings of the 19 th
International Conference in Philosophy on Paideia: Education in the Global Era, 2008.
- “Function, Ability, and Desire in Plato’s Republic,” (with Ronald Polansky) in volume dedicated to G. X.
Santas, Philosophical Inquiry, Vol. 31, n. 3-4, Winter-Spring, 2009.
Chapters in Books:
- “Plato and the Greatness of the Game,” in Soccer and Philosophy: Beautiful Thought on the Beautiful
Game. Richards, Ted (ed.). Open Court Press, 2010.
- “Function, Ability and Desire in Plato’s Republic,” (with Ronald Polansky) Reprinted in Socrates, Plato,
Aristotle: In Honour of G. Santas. Anagnostopoulos G. (ed.). Philosophical Inquiry Polyentypo
Editions, Athens, 2010.
Also Reprinted in Socratic, Platonic, and Aristotelian Studies: Essays in honor of Gerasimos Santas.
Springer Publications, 2011.
- Faculty Athletic Representative, Adrian College